About Thinks

Sometimes good thinks happen and sometimes bad thinks happen. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Some thinks need immediate action and some thinks may remain as thinks forever. Thinks can be angry and heated. Thinks can be joyful. Thinks should never be cold.

These thinks are linked to many other wonderful thinks and I like to attribute these.

These thinks do not necessary reflect those thinks of my employer.

Think long, think on.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Enhancing social stories via video

I have always enjoyed using video in my learning and teaching.  In an ideal world I would teach the entire curriculum through video, movie making and movie editing.

I was intrigued by the idea of social stories for children with ASD. I am no expert in either ASD or social stories.  From what i can gather social stories are personalised stories for children to assist with an understanding of what is expected during the (school) day. Quite often social stories are in relation to class-room routines, for example, lining up.

Here is a social story on playing, learning, recalling, tidying and putting away.  There may be too much going on with this one (they're supposed to be simple) but it's a start.  If anything, it celebrates one of the many awesome children I work with!



Corey adores the Cars 2 movie and has learned many scenes from it, so I have chosen to use the Cars 2 soundtrack.  The music therefore is not licenced under the CC-BY license otherwise applicable to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment