About Thinks

Sometimes good thinks happen and sometimes bad thinks happen. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Some thinks need immediate action and some thinks may remain as thinks forever. Thinks can be angry and heated. Thinks can be joyful. Thinks should never be cold.

These thinks are linked to many other wonderful thinks and I like to attribute these.

These thinks do not necessary reflect those thinks of my employer.

Think long, think on.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Collaboration - "it's mean-as Miss!"

MEAN

The coolest thing happened this week. One of my colleagues read my latest blog-post! Not only did she read it but she embraced it AND did something about it.

Helen King from Point England school seized the moment and came up with this STUNNING interpretation! Check it out!

The students in my class thought that it:
"was mean-as!"

Again collaboration and sharing has lifted the quality and creativity of my children's learning. My children were so impressed with what they saw that they have put together very similar interpretations using a generic bitmap editor (in this case MS Paint) and the picture in picture function on imovie. We are also experimenting with the puppetpals ipad app (Thanks for the tip Allanah K ).

The example below was conceived and put together by one persistent and creative 10 year old girl. She blew me away...

3 comments:

  1. That is just awesome! Infact - inspiring! Watch our blog over the next few days... Maybe you could skype in and tutor a couple of us Dunedin kids???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mean as idea Miss. Most engaged "writing" session we've had this year! Cheers for letting us share with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Just awesome.

    I watched all the videos. You guys did a great job. I liked the way you can see the backgrounds you had drawn as well.

    Well done team.

    ReplyDelete