About Thinks

Sometimes good thinks happen and sometimes bad thinks happen. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the two.

Some thinks need immediate action and some thinks may remain as thinks forever. Thinks can be angry and heated. Thinks can be joyful. Thinks should never be cold.

These thinks are linked to many other wonderful thinks and I like to attribute these.

These thinks do not necessary reflect those thinks of my employer.

Think long, think on.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Teachers are awesome!

Earlier this week, a colleague had asked me if I could offer him some advice in relation to class-room blogging. So I set up a non-compulsory teacher workshop the next day and invited anyone to come along.

3 teachers came along (which I thought was pretty cool given the 'same day' notice).

I didn't really have to do anything except provide them with an environment and time where we shared ideas, logged onto blogger, looked at other teachers' blogs, and we even looked at Ewan McIntosh's e-Portfolio Edtalk.

By going through the process of signing up, adding a clustr map and looking at the blogster widgets I was able to benefit from this process too. Our class blog now has a label directory :)

Today, one of the teachers excitedly showed me her blog. Her class was buzzing with enthusiasm and have already taken ownership of it. Check it out!

The enthusiasm has spread and I've had inquiries to run another session next week - I'm in!

I guess the moral of the story is:

If we set aside an occasional half hour, and collaborate, we can influence the eLearning of many children (and teachers)

No comments:

Post a Comment